Kids & Parents
Casco Public Library offers a variety of events and opportunities for children & the young at heart. Make sure to check our calendar or ask a librarian about what we have planned.
- Join us Tuesdays at 10:30 for Storytime.
- The Haunted Library
- Kids' Movie Night
- Indoor golfing
- Animal visits
- Star Night
- ConnectSafely is for parents, teens, educators, advocates – everyone engaged in and interested in the impact of social media and mobile technology. Here you’ll find tips, safety advice, articles, news, analysis, video and other resources to promote safe, effective use of connected technology.
- Cornerstones of Science provides libraries with the tools and support they need to engage people in experiential learning, reawakening a sense of wonder about the natural and physical world.
- While Curious City is a for profit marketing firm, its mission is to get books read and experienced not promoted and sold. Curious City DPW (Department of Public Works) exists to offer the event kits, activity kits, curriculum, book trailers, book character-driven blogs, and other tools that Curious City creates free for your use.
- Guys Read is a web-based literacy program for boys founded by author and First National Ambassador of Young People’s Literature Jon Scieszka. Our mission is to help boys become self-motivated, lifelong readers.
- ICDL is a wonderful collection of digital books from around the world. The collection not only includes stories from cultures around the world but also in numerous languages. This is an amazing and free resource!
- Jan Brett, author and illustrator, offers an amazing collection of free activities, coloring pages, and games on her website to accompany her beautiful books.
- Our Mission Is To Provide The Highest Quality Educational Activities, Products, Movies, Music, Games, Articles, Text Books, Learning Programs, Lesson Plans, Worksheets, And Distribute Them Completly Free of Charge
- Find articles and pictures, search for flags, maps, animals, biographies and more.
- Raising Readers is NOT about teaching young children to read. It IS about helping children to enjoy reading and language by exposing them to colorful, wonderful books.
- What can you do at the Southworth Planetarium? See a show, enroll in a class, attend a lecture, buy fascinating science toys, explore our exhibit area, learn the night sky.
Don't see what you are looking for? Ask us!